Alan Learney: Original paintings and prints
I was born in North Northumberland. My family moved to Newcastle upon Tyne where I attended primary school.Teenage years were spent in Cumbria where I was hugely influenced by an inspirational art teacher who helped me develop my ambition to be a designer. She introduced me to crafts and materials as well as the standard Grammar School art curriculum.
I trained and worked as an Industrial Designer. Following time spent in designing domestic appliances and being involved in the early days of office computing I worked as a freelance designer, and in a partnership, before moving back into industry. As I progressed into Design and Project Management, away from hands on designing I started drawing and sketching as a hobby. Following a display of landscape drawings for a hotel in Cumbria I received several commissions which encouraged me to develop into watercolours and eventually I took up painting in acrylics and latterly using oils again. After moving to Oxfordshire I continued my hobby and received several commissions, mainly for house "portraits". I enjoy doing conversation piece compositions as well as traditional landscapes and seascapes.
I sketch on holiday and most of my works are derived from sketches and photographs.
- Original paintings are framed unless otherwise stated.
- Prints are Giclee, on heavy, acid free paper. Single mounted.
- Every effort is made to ensure that goods are despatched in pristine condition. If goods need to be returned it will be at the customer's cost and must be in suitable packaging.
- Delivery in person within 30 miles of Oxford for items over £100.
- Listed prices are inclusive of Shipping within the UK.
- Postage and packaging overseas will be quoted individually.